Monday 24 December 2012

Festive treats; Cookies, Yule Log and Santa's

Cooking christmas 2012
Last year I was backpacking and did no cooking at Christmas :(
This year I'm feeling very festive and have set some great challenges on myself, and tasted some great food.
 
 
Strawberry Santa's
Strawberries piped with icing, I made these for the work buffet, they didn't survive the many roundabouts on my route into work, and after a while the strawberries mixed with sugar and made a juicy mess.
Thankfully, my collgeus liked them and I heard someone say
'Who made these strawberry santas? They taste amazing'
 
 
Chocolate sprinkle eyes!
 
 
 






 
Gingerbread people and bears
I used the PPK recipe, which i realised is also tucked at the back of Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.
I substituted Molasses for Golden Syrup and used Muscavado instead of regular sugar to give that deep flavour.
This cookies were just to my taste, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and not too sweet. If you have a sweet toooth its worth icing them up!
 
 
 
 
Little Bears!


 
Black Forrest Chocolate Yule log
I made a gluten free sponge using the Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World Chocolate cupcakes, rolled the sponge, left to cool and then iced with a vanilla butter cream and topped with frozen mixed red fruits (thawed and cooked with arrowroot) then smothered it all in Chocolate icing.



 

1 comment: