Sunday 11 August 2013

RAW Day Preparation

For some time now I have been toying with the idea of committing to try a Raw day, I have eaten raw lunches and Raw breakfast, but I’ve never consciously gone a whole day just eating Raw foods.
If it goes well I might make it a regularly month adventure, much like the source of my inspiration Vegan Crunk, if it goes really well I might extend it to a few days or even a week!
I realise to anyone who is living raw or doing a detox this doesn’t sounds like much of a challenge, but with no restaurants nearby that offer Raw food and very limited health food shops, I’m going to have to do a lot of preparation myself.
I don’t own any books on Raw food. So most of my information is coming from what Blogs and my usual vegan diet.
Here are my meal plan ideas and a shopping list:
1st of the month Raw day
 
© Breakfast: Banana & Strawberry smoothie/ mango smoothie /Blueberry smoothie
© Lunch: Avocado Salad/ Lettuce tacos/ Gazpacho / coleslaw / carrot & raisin salad
© Dinner: Spaghetti courgette with tomato and basil sauce / Raw Mexican wraps
© Drinks: Herbal Tea - Peppermint, green tea, watermelon juice.
© Snacks: Dates stuffed with coconut, unroasted cashews & almonds, seeds, raisins homemade cashew cookies. Vegetable crudités
© Snack: Mini pizzas; sliced tomato with basil and sundried tomatoes
Im not sure if herbal tea is considered raw, but its really good for you, so I will allow some.
Planned Shopping list:
Veg:
Avocado
Basil
Tomato cherry and big
Carrots
Little gem lettuce
Celery
Sun dried tomato
Limes
Fruit:
Bananas
Mango
Oranges
Berries
Watermelon
Dates
Coconut
Nuts:
Cashew
Almond
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment