Sunday 2 October 2011

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No my keyboard isn’t stuck.

My garden is full of home grown veg and herbs beginning with the letter R (does this sound like Sesame Street to anyone) Rhubarb, Rosemary and Runner Beans.




So although I’m not taking part in Vegan MoFo Officially (as I’m leaving to go backpacking for 10 months during the MoFo) I’m taking this opportunity to blog lots before I go!

So what should I make?

Last time I used the runner beans in an Appetite for Reduction “Bowl” style meal with lettuce, steamed kale and Avocado-a very green bowl pg 266-267.

Runner Beans taste great steamed or boiled and served straight up with a little salt pepper, chilli or soy sauce-they are so tender, usually eaten within 20 minutes of picking!
Maybe to stick with the R theme I should make a Runner Bean Risotto.

Alternatively I have seen a recipe for Rosemary Focaccia in Veganomicon pg 220-221.

As for the Rhubarb, I’m a traditionalist and usually stick to a warm oatie Crumble with custard or ice cream! If anyone can think of a non Crumble use for Rhubarb I'm listening.

The light is fading here, so I best get picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment